Monday, May 5, 2014

lost boys

Missing Peron:
Boy, age 17 with long legs, long arms and long hugs.
A pair of feet that were always one step ahead of mine
A pair of feet that would always let me catch up.
A pair of feet that always seemed to know how to move on the dance floor
A pair of feet that didn't look totally terrible in flip-flops
A pair of lips always kissing the ground I walked on
A pair of lips always saying "I'm sorry"
A pair of lips always saying "It's okay"
A heart that was just as scared as mine and maybe that's why it never worked out
A pair of hands I never thought would wave goodbye
Witnesses saw him last on the day he was supposed to become the man of the house. He's been gone for awhile...
Check Main Street, check the gym, check the mountains, check the places where you can hear God, check under his bed. Because he is a little confused about where he's at right now
Keep an eye out and if you see him don't bother telling him to come back,
just remind him it's been awhile.




3 comments:

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...