Sunday, October 27, 2013

proof


REASONS WHY LOVE IS REAL:
  • because the soldiers need a reason to keep fighting
  • because my blog post about love is more popular than my blog post about being alive
  • because my feelings towards peach ice cream cannot be put into words
  • because all those songs about the girl with big eyes have to mean something
  • because it's cheaper than therapy
  • because of the look in my mother's eyes when we watch old family videos
  • because people need a reason to get drunk
  • because it's my heart that hurts when I see you with her
  • because I said so
  • because people don't pray that they might find somebody to hate
  • because poems need to have a meaning
  • because my dad cried harder when my dog died than when his grandpa did
  • because I can't remember how to blink when I see you
  • because I need a reason to keep fighting

~sasha fierce~

14 comments:

  1. "because it's cheaper than therapy" best thing I've heard all day

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorably innocent and extremely mature all at the same time. Your writing is beautiful and you are so in tune with the truth. Thanks for sharing with us.

    This post is seriously so beautiful.

    "because people don't pray that they might find somebody to hate"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "because people need a reason to get drunk"

    not sure why...but this made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good. Definitely hall of fame worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad never cried during the divorce.

    But he cried when he had to put Kobra down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure but I'm laughing and crying at this and i'd kick it with you. and gosh Nelson what you said was so necessary and i don't know that reason either so

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA I absoultly love this!! "because its cheaper than therapy" LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "because people need a reason to get drunk"

    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brain feels to much like mush to make this comment make sense, but I like this and I like you and I like your blog and this is a dumb cliche comment, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  10. "because I can't remember how to blink when I see you"

    So simple. So true.

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...