Sunday, November 3, 2013

I feel ya




I've never been one for breaking fine china. But this morning while putting the dishes away my dad started to "criticize" the fact that I never seem to wash them right, despite the fact that he has never washed a plate in his life. So to people who smash plates, I get it.

I have never gone over 90 mph while driving the car. But last week I failed yet another math test and ended up driving through the canyon after school for around two hours. So to the people in NASCAR, I get it.

Last night I fell asleep on my neighbors trampoline while looking at the stars. So to the astronauts, I get it.

I've sat here for 17 years waiting, hoping, to finally catch something worth keeping. So to the fishermen, I get it.

I have stubbed each of my toes at least twice in my lifetime. So to the people who curse, I get it.

Whenever I get angry and want to scream I lock myself in my room and slam my fists against everything and anything. So to the drummers out there, I get it.

I see so many people around me believing in one thing, but then living a completely different way. So to the kids who don't want to go to BYU, I get it.

My dad doesn't let me do outdoor chores like rake leaves and shovel snow. So to the feminists, I get it.

I constantly feel like my voice is annoying everyone. So to all the other shy people, I get it.

I am learning to let go of pieces of myself and strip away all the bad memories and bad people. So to the sculptors, I get it.

I saw him again yesterday. So to people who write love poems,
I get it.

~sasha fierce~

12 comments:

  1. whatttttt... this blew me away. I love what you did and your writing and your blog.

    I saw him again yesterday. So to people who write love poems,
    I get it.

    couldn't have ended with a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to grab my heart with the last line. To this post, I guess I just have to say that I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh dang it. I want to quote this really bad but I don't feel like copying then pasting the entire thing in my comment box or whatever? Idk if it would even fit? but ya you get the point I like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dunno what to say. this was all SO good.

    "I constantly feel like my voice is annoying everyone. So to all the other shy people, I get it."

    I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone nominated this for the hall of fame.

    I couldn't agree more.

    I got cold when I read it, if that makes sense. So to the people who get inspired, I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am learning to let go of pieces of myself and strip away all the bad memories and bad people. So to the sculptors, I get it."

    This was fantastic. And I couldn't agree more with Nelson: "So to the people who get inspired, I get it."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Grace Kelly, I wanted to find one thing to praise you on, but I just got vibes from the whole work. I really connected on this one, and it is truly beautiful.

    Also, this is my 3rd day in a row reading this post. I don't usually go back to posts I've already read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just plain smooth.

    "I am learning to let go of pieces of myself and strip away all the bad memories and bad people. So to the sculptors, I get it."

    see i wouldn't have put those together.

    "Whenever I get angry and want to scream I lock myself in my room and slam my fists against everything and anything. So to the drummers out there, I get it."

    see and that? i dig that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so creative. I loved each and every line. Wow. Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every single phrase in this was perfect, especially the ending.

    "I saw him again yesterday. So to people who write love poems,
    I get it."

    Beautiful. The entire thing was Amazing. A perfect ending to an amazing post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stop it. Stop it right now.
    OH. SO fierce.
    How many times have I told you I'm stealing everything? I am, I'm stealing everything.

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...