Sunday, January 4, 2015

I'll ask the questions around here

I've been looking under rocks and behind bleachers and in between pastry shops but I can't seem to find anything beautiful anywhere.
Where did all those metaphors go?
How did I find so many at the beginning and
What do I have to dig up to find more?
what happened to all the clues?
What happened to the tour guide?
I think I need him. sometimes I feel like a detective but most of the time I feel like a tourist.
That was a bad thing right? I can't remember anymore.
I can't remember how to do anything. I need someone to show me everything
I need prompts and video clips and comments and music.
 what happened to the music? and the rain and all the scenery and the other tourists and all the residents.
What happened to Paris?
I tried it. I thought I was tough enough
I thought I had enough of the right stuff
whatever it is.
But like everyone else it seems like this city has chewed me up.
The question is will it spit me out or swallow me whole?
Which would be worse?
Going back after everything you know. After seeing everything you could become.
Trying to make yourself forget. Become numb again.
Or staying. And knowing you might never become what you want to,
But that maybe you could.
Hope.
It's all anyone seems to need these days
and it can give you life and purpose
But boy can it kill you.
It really can.


2 comments:

  1. I feel like young adulthood is confusing in general and at least you can write about that. That's something. Keep your chin up, Hannah Madsen. Life is an amazing/scary thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really relate to that feeling. I was just coming back and reading through #summerblogs. If you still want Paris in your life, there's something you might like. We're starting a new CW blog for graduated students. You can go to www.writersparisunderground.blogspot.com if you're intrested. There's prompts and everything. (Sorry, this sounds like an ad or something. It just sounded like you might want in.)

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...