Friday, January 2, 2015

other wordly

Sometimes I watch the news and I feel ashamed.
There are people who say the natural man is an evil
and there are people who say love yourself flaws and all.
so which is it?
There are people talking about "how the war on terror could
impact your vacation"
There are people talking about missing planes and missing sons
There are people talking about who deserves what and how the boy didn't derserve
to die but the man who killed him doesn't deserve to go on trial.
There are people talking about celebrities who went outside without make up on
There are people talking about children dying for education
There are children dying.
Sometimes I think that the world has made us hard.
But was it not Cain who slayed Abel?
We have been like this since the beginning
There has always been fire inside of all of us
and the earth grieves because of it.
it avalanches and howls and trembles.
It quakes with sorrow.
But I know the world is not always this way.
For it was Cain who slayed Abel
and not two brother who slayed each other.
and where there is terrible and awful
there is also good.
I call my apartment in Logan home and my bedroom in Highland home.
and isn't it comforting?
to know its possible the same person in more than one place?
isn't comforting?
to know that we can become good again?
That we can become who we once were

1 comment:

  1. i just found this and i feel like crying it's so good. so good.

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...