Monday, March 4, 2019

nice to meet me

(hi, im date mike. nice to meet me)
(hi, im 2019 hannah, nice to meet me)

u ever had an identity crisis? u ever wonder if always having an identidty crisis is part of ur identidty? I want to be me at all time but who even is she? What does she like and what are her passions? Does she have any and is it ok if she doesn't? What if she used to do a lot of things before she even realized they were ~things~ and now she doesn't do them anymore? What if its like how I used to type in CAPS all the time but then I got a new computer that doesn't have a CAPS LOCK so now I am just too lazy to type in caps all the time. maybe it's like that. Maybe I am just too lazy to be me. Which is lame. Does that make being lazy my passion? can lazy and passion even go together? I can be passionately lazy but can I be lazily passionate? I don't even think I want to be that so I'm not going to worry about it.
Everyone has a thing and I wanna know what my thing is. Will somebody please tell me my thing??

I'll tell you what my thing is. Making everyone look at the trees outside. 90s r&b. Having an insatiable craving for juice. Not knowing my lefts and rights. HAVING A PERM. Crying about the elderly. Cool shoes. This.

Things that were once my thing that I would still like to be my thing: This. roller skating, typing in caps, writing about love, avidly reading the onion, taking pictures of the sky, making the bible seem cool, being the first person to say hi in public, writing people notes, reading, having knee caluses from praying, wack clothes.

Things that were once my thing that I don't want to be my thing anymore: weird lying for no reason, not thinking I am attractive, hating fitness, being a middle finger addict, binging tv in solitude, not having a healthy balance between solitude and camaraderie. 


Here comes a feeling you thought you'd forgotten. - ezra koenig

No comments:

Post a Comment

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...