Sunday, September 29, 2013

TO THAT ONE BOY I WILL ALWAYS LOVE:

I can't explain it.
I could have died.
I felt my heartbeat in my ears.
then all at once I couldn't feel anything at all.

It had been over 6 months, but nothing about you had changed. On the outside anyways. I don't know about your insides, but I hope they are still the same. I hope you still listen to the Killers and watch The Twilight Zone, I hope you still want to be a pilot. Exploring the world, and carrying people along the way. I hope you're still doing whatever it was you liked to do for recreation. I was too busy looking at your lips to remember what you said. You had the softest lips. I hope you still believe in God. And I hope you're still happy.


I hope you remembered me when you saw me. I hope you were proud. I was finally out of the house, participating in society, at a high school dance of all places. I hope you never thought I was weird back then. I hope you did. I hope you know my insides have changed. That I'm not as worried about things anymore, that I care a lot less and I feel a lot lighter. I hope you know that if I could do it over, I would have talked to you on the first day of class. And I probably would have kissed you too. I hope you know I had a crush on you. And that I never really stopped. Sure I may have forgotten, but tonight surely proved, time doesn't heal all wounds. You didn't mean to hurt me, after all, it's hard to know your supposed to catch someone when they wont tell you they are falling. I hope you know I don't blame you. This one is on me. But I really hope that if you had known, you would have liked me back.

I hope you had fun with her.

~sasha fierce~


9 comments:

  1. I hope you still listen to the Killers and watch The Twilight Zone

    mmmm #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too busy looking at your lips to remember what you said. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I was too busy looking at your lips to remember what you said."

    "I hope you know my insides have changed."

    "You didn't mean to hurt me, after all, it's hard to know your supposed to catch someone when they wont tell you they are falling."

    I am in love with this whole freaking thing! You basically wrote my feelings...so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. INCREDIBLE.
    A lot of teenagers write so many fancy, poetic words that none of it makes sense. Too much symbolism, too many metaphors to mean anything. But, you..

    You're going on my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I was too busy looking at your lips to remember what you said."

    "after all, it's hard to know your supposed to catch someone when they wont tell you they are falling."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  6. "This one is on me."

    #perfect #butsimple

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is everything I've never been able to understand/explain. YOu just put my entire junior year in words.

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...