Saturday, January 11, 2014

the thing I tried to do at the slam

Hate - An Anis Mojgani knock off

This is for the sexists
I hate you.
This is for the homophobes,
I hate you too.
This is for the players and the cheaters
the rapists and the beaters
This is for all the over achievers
and political leaders
I hate you
This is for arrogant people and whoever
decided it was cool to make fun of white girls
I hate you
This is for cancer

I hate you most

This is for you
I hate you
and you hate you
and I hate you because you hate you
and I hate high school
I hate watching you cave in and doubt yourself
and I hate everything that made you feel this way
I hate every girl and boy and magazine that
ever made you feel less than whole.
This is for a boy who was born blind
and taught himself to play any song on the piano
after hearing it just once

This is because there is a blind kid out there who knows how to play the piano
and you don't even know how to love yourself.

5 comments:

  1. I love love LOVED this! You did incredible yesterday.

    "and you don't even know how to love yourself."

    Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bummed I didn't get the chance to hear this live. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed hearing you read this, and I love the direction you took it from shake the dust. You have a fascinating mind and a brilliant writing style. Don't ever stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate cancer the most too.

    brilliant and you're really funny

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading these comment I feel like I missed out on some thing. I like this because a homosexual. And I hate homophobes. Yet they make me stronger.

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...