Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Reading

This is ironic because I got a letter today from the highland library saying that I owe them $109 in late charges and I guess it's valid because I haven't turned in any books since spring break I JUST LIKE BOOKS OKAY?!?!?!?? So who knows how possible this list of books I want to read actually is, but we will see I guess. Also if you have any recommendations please tell me because I'll basically read anything



  • The Spectacualr Now - Tim Tharp
  • The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
  • Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
  • The Breif and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao - Junot Díaz
  • The Space Between Us - Thrity Umrigar 
  • Rules Of Surviving - Nancy Werlin
  • Lets Explore Diabetes With Owls - David Sedaris
  • The Book Theif - Markus Zusak
  • These Broken Stars - Amie Kaufman 
  • The House on Mango Street - Sandra Cisneros 
  • all the books I stole from Nelson's classroom 
  • This is How You Lose Her - Junot Díaz
  • The Killer's Cousin - Nancy Werlin 
  • Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris 
  • It's Kind of a Funny Story - Ned Vizzini 
  • In Cold Blood - Truman Capote 
  • The Last Time I Saw My Mother - Arlene Chai
  • Bossypants - Tina Fey
  • The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - Jean Dominique Dauby
  • Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Matinence - Robert M. Pirsig
  • Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? - Mindy Kaling
  • Lets Pretend This Never Happened - Jenny Lawson
  • WHAT ELSE SHOULD I READ GUYS

3 comments:

  1. I love. this list. I hope I'm not terrible at recommendations, but some good ones I've loved are, Tell the Wolves I'm Home - Carol Rifka Brunt, Whale Talk - Chris Crutcher, Paper Towns - John Green, What's Eating Gilbert Grape - Peter Hedges, Right Behind You - Gail Giles, The Last Summer of the Death Warriors - Francisco X. Stork, Split - Swati Avasthi, and Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta. I'm sorry this is so long, but I hope it helps a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just curious how you managed to rack up $109 in late fees. That's really impressive, considering Highland library's depressingly small selection of books anyone's ever heard of. Pretty much any Sarah Dessen book, I would say (prepare to have panic attacks if you read Dreamland or Just Listen, though). That's really all I've read lately besides John Green novels and various sci-fi/fantasy series. I could give you several recommendations for those, though. I may or may not be a geek when it comes to said genres. #sorrynotsorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Erin, Someone Like You, Dreamland, and This Lullaby are my favorite Sarah Dessen books. Have you ever read It's Kinda A Funny Story by Ned something? One of my favorites. I stole it from Nelson earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...