Saturday, February 1, 2014

On never being loved "like that"

( my last post was apparently stolen from Grey's Anatomy and I feel like I need to redeem myself. )




I sometimes allow myself to think about the things that typical high school girls think about like getting asked to prom and wearing a boy's hoodie and grand gestures and all that other corny stuff and to be honest I don't care what the definition of love is anymore I just know I want it. I want someone to watch movies with I want someone to understand me
I at least want somebody to try to.
It's not like I'm some girl who needs a boy to survive or anything, I have actually learned to become quite independent of boys, friends, teachers, coaches, and people in general. I can eat lunch in the library or I can eat lunch in the commons with a group of people and I generally feel the same thing at this point and it's fine.
It's not that I need a boy in my life, It's just that I want one.
I don't care if it's corny or full of angst or if it's predictable or nothing like I expect or even if it ends up being embarrassingly dramatic (I'm talkin Romeo and Juliet dramatic).
I don't know what it's like at all. We could conduct an experiment, it would be far less romantic, but kisses and tears could be our data and we'll test to see if this whole "love" thing actually makes us better people, happier, makes us feel more ourselves, more whole.
Hypothesis: It does

"I will tell you what she was like. She was like a piano in a country where everyone has had their hands cut off." -Angela Carter

2 comments:

  1. Junior high science projects applied in a more practical sense. #science

    Also, hypothetically, friday nights are his least favorite day too, and he wants to be friends with you and he regrets a chance he had at lunch the other day to talk with you. Assuming all that is true, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want someone to understand me
    I at least want somebody to try to."

    You've always been one of my favorites.

    You seem to have gotten love pretty spot on for someone who hasn't tried it yet.
    But why am I not surprised? it's coming from you.

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...