Sunday, September 8, 2013

for all the adults asking:

I'd tell you what I want to be when I grow up, but I don't think the greatest career in the world exists yet.
Except maybe being the person who names ice cream flavors, that'd be sick.

Show me the job that makes a persons life better. Not even their life actually, just their heart. 
If I could choose anything in the world as a career I would choose to profess in making people happy, in making them laugh, making them forget about their bad days and look forward to the good ones. Fix those who are broken. Help people forget about the world for awhile. I want to make people feel the way that the song Yellow by Coldplay makes me feel. Like they are smiling so much inside that it comes out all over their face. I want to make people feel the same way I feel when I think about that boy. Like it's impossible to stop smiling no matter how much your face hurts.

I want to write books, I want to be Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada, I want to be Ellen Degeneres and Judy Bloom and Shel Silverstein. I want to be the next great architect or designer. I want to travel the world taking pictures for National Geographic. I want to direct movies, I want to be in movies.

But I'd trade it all if somebody could tell me how to make everybody feel happy.

"I don't want to earn my living, I want to live" -Oscar Wilde

~sasha fierce~

5 comments:

  1. before i even finished the first half of this, i thought to myself "this person totally wants to be ellen."

    but then again, ellen is so fabulous, who wouldn't right?

    A++++

    ReplyDelete
  2. like wtf people who smile should get paid more than the people who don't

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING. I really really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're truly a gifted writer. excellent.

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...