Sunday, September 15, 2013

is it real

Cry in front of me so I know it's real. Be vulnerable with me and be real with me. I'll be real with you. Let your heart be naked. Be human, get mad, cry when you see an old man by himself in the restaurant. I'll cry with you, I'll cry for you. Be un-apologetically yourself and if it works out and we haven't killed each other yet then it must be love.

Tell me my writing sucks so I know it's real. Be honest with me. Don't shout but don't sugar coat it either. If I have spinach in my teeth, and you don't tell me, I will dump you faster than that sports car you drive. I don't have time for someone who is going to put on a mask. And I don't have time for anybody who expects me to either.

Help people with me so I know it's real. Care about things. Not me, but things. Be passionate. Care about other people, make them smile. Don't give it a second thought, be humble, mow the neighbors lawn, and I'll weed their garden. Don't expect me to weed ours though. I hate it so much it wouldn't do either of us any good. There are more important things to care about than our tiny garden anyway. Help me. Help me carry the load of other peoples' sorrows so they don't have to. People are heavy, and I can't lift them on my own.

Talk with me about politics so I know it's real. I want to know your thoughts on Obama and Healthcare and the Middle Class. Make me watch Fox news, teach me, explain to me your opinions on Gun Control and how we would protect our children. Tell me how you would fix the world and where you would start. 

Cuddle with me so i know it's real. Hold me. Not because you want to get some, but because you want to be as close to me as possible. You want our souls to touch, our heartbeats to sync, and our toes always warm. Hold me because you need to, make a home out of my body, a place where you are always safe and welcome.

 photo tumblr_mlc1onkmai1qezwmho1_500_zps7f98a835.gif

Tell me so I know it's real. Don't keep it inside. Tell me why, is it my freckles? Is it my mind, or my laugh, or the way my ankles crack every time I take a step up the stairs? Do you love me more than there are leaves? Do you love me deeper than space? Will you love me longer than the Great Wall of China? Is our love going to be the 8th wonder of the world? Show me.

~sasha fierce~

12 comments:

  1. Oh Sasha Fierce this is good. Mmm loved all of it
    "People are heavy and I can't lift them on my own"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I love all of it.
    Especially the gif b/c that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let your heart be naked...

    That was awesome.
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I dont have time for someone who is going to put on a mask." I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Do you love me more than there are leaves?"

    "If I have spinach in my teeth, and you don't tell me, I will dump you faster than that sports car you drive."

    i really liked the whole thing. Oh and i hope you don't mind buuuuut i stole the lines that i quoted above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Is our love going to be the 8th wonder of the world? Show me."

    I stole this. Sry not sry.

    I'm stealing like an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Cry in front of me so I know it's real."

    "Let your heart be naked."

    "People are heavy, and I can't lift them on my own."

    "Cuddle with me so i know it's real. Hold me. Not because you want to get some, but because you want to be as close to me as possible. You want our souls to touch, our heartbeats to sync, and our toes always warm. Hold me because you need to, make a home out of my body, a place where you are always safe and welcome."

    "Tell me so I know it's real. Don't keep it inside. Tell me why, is it my freckles? Is it my mind, or my laugh, or the way my ankles crack every time I take a step up the stairs? Do you love me more than there are leaves? Do you love me deeper than space? Will you love me longer than the Great Wall of China? Is our love going to be the 8th wonder of the world? Show me."

    These last two paragraphs are UNREAL.

    Holy goodness...YES. To all of this. I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you are so freaking fierce it's crazy! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would just like to thank ALL OF YOU for finding lil' gold nuggets in my writing and giving me such nice compliments on my writing

    ReplyDelete

mountain mama

for a time in my life where I should have been listening to the happy john denver songs with my friends but ended up listening to the sad j...